If you’re interested in becoming a personal trainer, it’s important to equip yourself with the knowledge and skills you’ll need to secure your first role as a personal trainer or a gym instructor.
The CIMPSA level 3 Diploma in Personal Training is an ideal foundation course for individuals looking to break into this exciting career path.
All about the CIMPSA Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
The CIMSPA Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training is a qualification that will give you the edge you need to work in the industry.
The level 3 diploma is a comprehensive course that covers everything from anatomy and physiology to nutrition and behaviour change. You’ll learn how to create safe, effective and challenging training programmes for clients of all abilities, as well as how to motivate them to reach their fitness goals.
The course is delivered through 245 guided learning hours, usually through a mix of online learning and face-to-face workshops. The course content of this diploma will cover a wide range of subjects including:
- Health and safety in a fitness environment
• Anatomy and physiology of exercise
• Nutrition and physical activity
• Delivering personal training sessions
CIMPSA Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training entry requirements
The CIMPSA Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training is for individuals over the age of 16 who want to become personal trainers or gym instructors. There are no strict formal entry requirements for this course, although it’s recommended that applicants have basic skills in fitness and communication that they will need for a successful personal training career:
- Some experience of exercising in a gym, including using free weights and strength training machines, is desirable
• Good general physical fitness
• Communication skills at level 2 that allows participants to discuss, present, read, and write for particular aspects of the course
What to do after your CIMPSA level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
Once you’ve completed the CIMPSA level 3 diploma, you’ll be qualified to work as a personal trainer in a gym. You can enhance your knowledge by studying for further qualifications including:
- CIMPSA Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training
• CIMPSA Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
• CIMPSA Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
The CIMPSA level 3 diploma is just the beginning of your personal training career. It’ll give you the skills and knowledge you need to get started, but there are many more ways to develop yourself professionally in this career path. You could also apply to study an HND in Sport and Leisure, an A-level in PE, or even work your way towards studying Sports Science or related subjects at university.